Use of IP Address and Cookies
- CUXA Membership requires members to give us contact information (like their name and email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers) when registering for membership, a conference, or when purchasing a product.
- All data we collect (personal or financial) from you protected by the Data Protection Act 1998 and is only ever used to serve you, and for no other purpose. It will not be shared with third parties unless you give us your explicit permission to do so.
- Visitor’s contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary.
- The CUXA does not rent, sell, or give away email addresses, telephone numbers, or fax numbers for members or visitors.
- We use Google Analytics on this website. Google analytics may overlay Google Analytics for Display Advertising Data on top of the standard usage data. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising.
Links to Other Sites
- This site contains links to other sites. The CUXA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Online access to membership records, including employment and address information, is available to CUXA members only, and is password-protected. Credit card and financial account information is never stored on the CUXA site, even briefly during transactions.
- Shopping services are provided through Paypal which handles monetary transactions directly.
Liability and Disclaimer
- The CUXA provides this website as a service to its members, those interested in the development, communication, and advancement of user experience practices of, and to the public, in furtherance of CUXAs mission as a not-for-profit organisation.
- The CUXA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, reliable and up-to-date, and its appearance on the site does not constitute an endorsement by the CUXA.
- Although the CUXAs website may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, the CUXA has not participated in the development of those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The CUXA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
- Links from the CUXA to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by the CUXA of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the website of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by the CUXA, and the CUXA has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- Although unlikely to occur, the CUXA also expressly disclaims all liability for any violations, including but not limited to security breaches or privacy violations, committed by any firm which provides online or management services on behalf of the association. Users of the CUXA website agree to hold CUXA harmless for and from any liability for any damages arising out of the use of the online or management services.
- The opinions expressed by contributors to the CUXA websites, or through discussion on the various listservs sponsored by the CUXA, are solely those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the opinions of CUXA, its members, the leadership team, or the individual chapters of the CUXA.
- Reference herein to any specific commercial firm, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the CUXA, the leadership team, staff, or the individual chapters of the CUXA.
Contacting the Web Site
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact the CUXA using the following email address, email@example.com
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights, and CUXA’s responsibilities, under this regulation.
- EU User Rights
If you are a CUXA member in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to CUXA’s handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please see below.
Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- a. Explanation and copies of your data
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that CUXA has about you and how CUXA uses that information.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that CUXA collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because CUXA requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- b. Correction
- If CUXA has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information or you can correct it yourself by updating your settings. Links can be found in any emails we send to you.
- c. Deletion
- Users may request deletion of their personal details at any time. You can do this by unsubscribing from a mailing list, with a link found at the bottom of all emails we send to you. We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law. This information is normally stored for seven years and cannot be used to contact you, or be shared with any other party
- d. Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to CUXA’s processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. CUXA may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- Users in the EU also have the right to file a complaint relating to CUXA’s handling of your personal information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
(+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00
- You may also submit questions, comments or complaints directly to the CUXA by email email@example.com.
- Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, CUXA processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- a. The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request
- CUXA must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- Name and email address so a unique record is created to email you from our database. These emails should only ever contain information we believe you would find valuable and you are free to unsubscribe at any time.
- b. The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others
- CUXA may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- c. The processing is necessary for CUXA’s legitimate interests
- CUXA collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- d. The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties
- CUXA collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- CUXA may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- e. Consent
- CUXA may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- CUXA relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of your consent.
- Full name
- Email address