Use of IP Address and Cookies
- CUXA Membership requires members to give us contact information (like their name and email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers) when registering for membership, a conference, or when purchasing a product.
- All data we collect (personal or financial) from you protected by the Data Protection Act 1998 and is only ever used to serve you, and for no other purpose. It will not be shared with third parties unless you give us your explicit permission to do so.
- Visitor’s contact information is used to contact the visitor when necessary.
- The CUXA does not rent, sell, or give away email addresses, telephone numbers, or fax numbers for members or visitors.
- We use Google Analytics on this website. Google analytics may overlay Google Analytics for Display Advertising Data on top of the standard usage data. Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising.
Links to Other Sites
- This site contains links to other sites. The CUXA is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Online access to membership records, including employment and address information, is available to CUXA members only, and is password-protected. Credit card and financial account information is never stored on the CUXA site, even briefly during transactions.
- Shopping services are provided through Paypal which handles monetary transactions directly.
Liability and Disclaimer
- The CUXA provides this website as a service to its members, those interested in the development, communication, and advancement of user experience practices of, and to the public, in furtherance of CUXAs mission as a not-for-profit organisation.
- The CUXA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the site. While the information contained within the site is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this website is correct, complete, reliable and up-to-date, and its appearance on the site does not constitute an endorsement by the CUXA.
- Although the CUXAs website may include links providing direct access to other Internet resources, including websites, the CUXA has not participated in the development of those other sites and does not exert any editorial or other control over those sites. The CUXA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites.
- Links from the CUXA to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by the CUXA of the parties or their products and services. The appearance on the website of advertisements and product or service information does not constitute an endorsement by the CUXA, and the CUXA has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
- Although unlikely to occur, the CUXA also expressly disclaims all liability for any violations, including but not limited to security breaches or privacy violations, committed by any firm which provides online or management services on behalf of the association. Users of the CUXA website agree to hold CUXA harmless for and from any liability for any damages arising out of the use of the online or management services.
- The opinions expressed by contributors to the CUXA websites, or through discussion on the various listservs sponsored by the CUXA, are solely those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the opinions of CUXA, its members, the leadership team, or the individual chapters of the CUXA.
- Reference herein to any specific commercial firm, commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the CUXA, the leadership team, staff, or the individual chapters of the CUXA.
Contacting the Web Site
- If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact the CUXA using the following email address, firstname.lastname@example.org